Sunday, October 16, 2011

Reflection Journal: Design Decisions

The design process is way more involved than I ever thought it would be.  You really have to pay attention to detail, and everything must be very deliberate.  Constant communication with your client is key as well.  I have never thought about the costs involved in the design process until this lesson.  Although my current project is very low budget, with time (and a lot of practice) I could very well be working on a much larger project with a much larger budget.  At first I thought this project would be very simple.  I would make a couple of video tutorials, put them on a website, no big deal.  Wrong!  Everything has to be planned out down to the font size and color!  Daily steps must be made to get the project done in time.  The next steps in my project will be determining outcomes and doing a subskill analysis.  I will need to gain a true grasp of what my client desires, and begin setting up interviews with Spanish 2 students.  I will also need to determine the learners current skills, and begin defining content.  I will begin writing a design document that includes an overall goal and vision for the product.  I will also want to begin looking at a syllabus.  My biggest question right now is how to deliver the content.  Would it be best to actually create a Google Site or use a product like Dreamweaver or iWeb to design an actual website.  Although, I have been looking at all of the above options, I have yet to settle on a final method of delivery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment