Sunday, October 30, 2011

Reflective Journal: Demonstrate Phase

As it turns out, actually creating a prototype is more difficult than planning for one.  I thought it would be the other way around.  You have all of these great ideas in your head, but I really do not have the technology "know how" to make everything work.  Rather than using Google Sites to create my website, I chose to go with iWeb.  From the online tutorials by GoDaddy, it seemed simple to set up the site.  Wrong!  I finally ended up sharing my site with DropBox because it was so much easier.  I will work on the hosting more at another date.  The only problem I have with iWeb is that you cannot customize the colors quite enough.  Everything is a little static.  Still, iWeb beat Google Sites, and is easier than DreamWeaver.  My question is this, as an instructional designer, would I physically be creating all of the elements, or would I have a skilled webmaster on my team?  As of this point, I think I would have to have someone skilled at creating websites, flash products, and video editors to do anything substantial. 

Evaluations have proven to be difficult as well.  Creating an evaluation form was easy in and of itself, but creating the questions was more difficult.  You want to word things in the right way, but at the same time you want honest answers.  Paragraph form would be easiest, but who has the time to sit and write detailed suggestions.  I chose to evaluate a few things at a time.  That way, I don't get overwhelmed by all of the issues.  I can focus on very specific things.  Once I feel I have those remedied, I will ask more questions.  The students will be the most honest test subjects in the long run, so I look forward to the pilot tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment